From: Fraser, Jim [mailto:jim.fraser@twcable.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:44 PM
To: Jim
Subject: RE: rosters

JHC.  Why donít you just send me some friggin crack next time!  Betcha canít guess what Iíve been doing.

Note the time he sent the email.My guess is TWC didnít get a whole lot of work out of Mr. Fraser that day (but Iím very thankful for the help Ė more on this in a bit).

We havenít changed the team name (yet), but Mr. Spencer has sent us a couple of ďsuggestions.Ē

Now for the ďmore on thisĒ bit Ė I havenít found a job yet and am spending ungodly hours looking far and wide.Iíve recently been contracting, which means I could be anywhere and travelling a lot.I donít know where I will be this season.While I can still run the league thanks to the Internet, I canít say Iíll always be here if you want to call me up and talk trade or give me shit.So call up Frasier and talk trade and give him shit Ė heíd love to hear from you.

The draft is 10 am Friday, April 6, at Harrahís Parlor B (the hallway near the pool).

(Insert my ďdonít bring in external foodĒ rant here.)

Expect as much as 30 minutes to an hour (or more) before the draft starts to talk about rules.Since we are starting from scratch next year, if we want to consider any changes, this is the time to think about it.Among the things on my list:

         Last year at the draft there was a discussion of specific trade rules for this season (since there wonít be any keepers next year).Expect some time on this.

         The linking of two vs. multiple players

         A $5 ďRereserveĒ fee

         Post-season ďsavesĒ between linked players must be submitted to me by the Oct 20 end-of-season money deadline with no reminders from me.

Iíll further explain the last three bullets at the draft.If any of you have any other ideas, please feel free to bring them up for discussion prior to the start of the draft.(For example, since we have so many pitchers, and so few hitters, available in the free agent pool, Iíve thought we might eliminate the second catcher and add a tenth pitcher.)Of course, any changes to roster makeup, scoring, etc., canít start until the scratch draft year.(Looking back through the old newsletters, Iím reminded that Kenís proposal to replace saves with IRS hasnít come up in some time.)One other thing Iím wondering about is payout percentages.We currently pay 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th at 50%, 35%, 15%, 7%, 3%, respectively.Doing my research for ďThe Brief History of the CRL,Ē Iíve discovered that we changed to five payoff positions when we had 13-14 teams in the league. Since weíre down to 11 teams (and probably will be for the foreseeable future Ė thanks to Houston moving to the AL next year), do we want to limit the payouts to 4 places and make it 10%?One thing to note, in the first years of the CRL, 1st place got 53%, with 4th taking home 7% (thinking was that winning should be worth more than half).

Speaking of ďThe History,Ē Iíve done a little bit on that (not as much as Iíd like, because Iíve been spending a lot of time on monster.com and careerbuilder.com, among others).Iíve now posted the final standing from each year.Except for the first year, the final standings have everybody you had on your roster during the entire season.Looking at it is good for a bunch of laughs (what the $%^# was I thinking?!?!?!? when I drafted/picked up/traded for that guy).It can be found here.

Draft order Ė 8 / 1 / 10 / 7 / 6 / 4 / 2 / 3 / 9 / 5 / 11

ML Draft order Ė 4 / 6 / 7 / 10 / 1 / 8 / 2 / 3 / 9 / 5 / 11

And now, the part youíve all been waiting for, the protected rosters:

Team Number 1 - The Jim Tressels

Team Number 2 - Pray For Milk

Pos

Player